Social media. This ever-changing, real-time world is unbelievable — both in the marketing opportunity it presents and in trying to stay on top of the constant changes. Are you utilizing the new features that popped up in 2014? Let’s take a quick look back…
- Graph Search is expanded to include individual posts and status updates (read more)
- Link posts receive precedence (read more) // Promotional posts fall (read more)
- Facebook offers you more control over your News Feed (read more)
- Save: a game changer for Facebook (read more)
- What’s next? Ask Zuck. (Sorry, no dislike button folks.)
- Start a conversation: share a tweet through direct messages (read more)
- Tag people in a photo / add multiple photos to one tweet (read more)
- Twitter offers you more control over your feed (read more)
- Would you sell directly in Twitter? (read more)
- What’s next? Ask the head tweeters.
- Hyperlapse for Instagram: bringing experiences to life (read more)
- Caption editing (finally!) and people search on Explore page (read more)
- New instant filter preview (& filters) // creative editing tools (read more // read more)
- 300 million strong: deactivating spam accounts (read more)
- What’s next? Discovery, accessibility & time spent
- New & improved analytics –> change the way you pin (read more)
- New notifications help your business get discovered (read more)
- Stop pinning and start a conversation (read more)
- New follow button: entice fans and customers from the comfort of your website (read more)
- What’s next? Discovering how ads and e-commerce fit
- Customize your background to paint a better picture of you (read more)
- New homepage design lets you stay connected (read more)
- LinkedIn Publishing stepped up its game (read more)
- Who’s viewed your profile? New ways to engage (read more)
- What’s next? Big ideas in 2015
Post, Tweet & Pin
What major social media changes in 2014 did I miss?
What 2015 update are you anticipating the most?
What’s your favorite social network now and 3 years ago?
What a year in the social media world!