I was scrolling through my WordPress reader when I came across a post by Campari & Sofa that made me think. It was entitled Things I learned about my campari self this year and noted 10 things the author had learned, from philosophic to practical. I commented that I enjoyed her list and was thinking about borrowing the idea, which she encouraged. Love fellow bloggers!
So here we go… Things I learned about myself in 2013:
- A good massage and candlelit bubble bath can (almost) make my world right again.
- Things will work out for the best (even when they seem the worst).
- Super heroes do exist, and we can all be one — somehow, someway. (Need a reminder? Watch Batkid Save San Francisco)
- A breath of fresh air (literally and figuratively) can be all I need.
- Everything I’ve done up to this point contributes to my success. Nothing has been done in vain.
- I have the pleasure of working with some of the coolest, most genuine people on the planet.
- I still want to be Rico Tubbs and MacGyver when I grow up.
What about you? What have you learned about yourself — personally or professionally — this year? Please share below or drop me a line on a social network. Let’s close out 2013 in style!
p.s. I love the number 7, so I wanted to stop there. Other things I’ve learned? I really, really want a dog, and I intimidate some people. (Funny due to my slight stature.)
Always learning, usually smiling,