In honor of the fifth annual Social Media Day yesterday, we wanted to stay on subject. While pouring over the coverage, it reminded us how much social media and the digital revolution has changed our lives — for better or worse.
How has social media changed our lives?
- Connecting people around town and around the world
- Giving brands direct access to their customers/fans
- Spurring revolutions/progress
- Easy publishing platform
- Spreading intolerance/hate/stupidity
- Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam (the new email!)
- Creating a time suck/productivity black hole (Candy Crush, anyone?)
- No boundaries (“head in phone syndrome”)
- Theft epidemic of virtual resources
Related reading: Facebook Makes Me Want to Shout and/or Murmur | Social Media’s Nice, But It’s Not IRL | Get Social: 4 Easy Ways to Join the Conversation
Your turn –> Social Media: For Better or Worse?
Do the pros outweigh the cons for social media?
Share an example of how social media has affected your life — positively or negatively.
Do you spend more or less time on social media than a year ago?
p.s. Don’t forget that CCC can help you with all of your social media needs!
Let’s get social,
Get social with CCC!
One thought on “Social Media: For Better or Worse?”
It’s only since I started blogging (April 2013) that I did anything at all with social media. Now I truly like Google+, Twitter, and Pinterest for promoting my blog, and keeping in touch with blooger buddies (like you!).
I am intrigued with the idea of Social media for social change (Spurring revolutions/progress). One of my earliest blog posts was Social Media for Social Change,