“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
–Ralph Waldo Emerson
WordPress.com’s Weekly Writing Challenge: A Pinch of You got me thinking. What makes you, you exactly? All of us are made up of a special mix of physical traits, intangibles and, shall we say, character flaws. So what’s your recipe?
Here’s mine. Enjoy!
- 2 c introversion
- 1 c water (fresh, salt, chlorinated or bath)
- 1 thinking cap
- 2 candles, melted (preferably island/tropical scents)
- 2 tsp mud (from a trail somewhere)
- 1 tbsp adventure
- 3 laughs
- 1 infectious smile
- a chip off the old block
- 1/2 c espresso (or more if needed)
- a pinch of perfectionism (not too much!)
- a dash of sarcasm
- 1 tsp uniqueness or ‘different’ sauce (If you overdo it, the soup will just taste weird.)
- Throw in some dreams, and we’re ready to go!
Blend all ingredients until smooth. Set out in the sun until desired temperature is achieved. Sprinkle with a bit of impatience before serving, but don’t wait too long!
If you make Shine Soup while watching The Bionic Woman, it just tastes better. (Ask Jaime Sommers; it’s true.)
Serve with homemade gnocchi, lasagna or other fine Italian cuisine. Oh, and alcohol.
Warning: Consumption of this food may force your brain into overdrive. Sorry, there’s no off switch, but the feeling should subside within 24 hours after eating.
Note: Do not make this recipe early in the morning. Trust me, it won’t turn out well.
Shine Soup is best enjoyed with a sibling, longtime friends or family.
What’s your recipe?
Cheers from the chef,