Last week, we reminded everyone that social media isn’t free and recommended five ways to maximize your time and money. This week, we’re addressing another misperception.
Social media isn’t easy, but it’s worth it. We’re not talking about the act of tweeting itself or posting pictures of your kids on Facebook or Instagramming every meal you eat.
We’re talking about getting social for business, engaging your brand’s communities and developing long-term emotional connections. In other words, creating fans for life.
Related Reading: How Long Does It Take for Social Media Marketing to Start Paying Off?
Here’s 5 reasons why social media is worth it for your business:
- Find New (Targeted) Customers: In a sea of 2.03 billion social media users*, someone is interested in your products or services. Find the right audience by utilizing hashtags, groups and platforms they’re using.
- Delight Current Customers: 65% of customers leave over a single poor customer service experience.* Delight your current customers by providing amazing service via social media and beyond.
- Participate in the Conversation: Customers will talk about you online and share their experiences with others. While you can’t control the conversation, you can participate and give fans a firsthand account of what’s going on at your company.
- Deliver Content Straight to Your Fans: 61% of people are more likely to buy from a company that delivers content.* Deliver value to your fans by creating content they love, and you’ll have a better chance of converting them into customers.
- Turn Fans into Fanatics: Consider this: 53% of people who follow brands on social media are more loyal.* After converting fans into customers, make them fanatics for your brand by delighting them every step of the way. They’ll become your best advertising!
As we said before, social media isn’t easy, but it’s worth it if you do it right. Just remember that it’s a long-term addition to your marketing mix, not an overnight savior for your sales.
If you need help with your social media efforts, from strategy to management, we’d love to chat. There’s nothing that we love more than brands getting social — and getting it right.
Get Social on Social Media
Why is social media worth it for your brand or business?
How much time do you spend on social in a typical week?
Do you have a documented strategy?
What’s your brand’s favorite social media experience so far?
*Statistics via The Inbound Marketing Checklist: 21 Strategies for Growth
Let’s get social,
One thought on “Social Media Isn’t Easy: 5 Reasons Why It’s Worth It”