November is National Gratitude Month, which is fitting for the month that hosts Thanksgiving. It’s the perfect time to continue our annual tradition, 50 Things I’m Grateful For. It’s refreshing to jot down a happy moment in the rush of day-to-day life. Enjoy browsing my list, and join the conversation below. What are you grateful for?
50 Things I’m Grateful For, Thanksgiving 2019 Edition
- Giving gifts
- Soaking in a bubble bath
- Learning new skills and knowledge
- Happy memory associations
- The writing high
- Figuring things out
- Getting lost in a book
- The sights and sounds of the holiday season
- Finding another book at the library
- Helping others
Each year, CCC provides school supplies for two children in the Akron area.
There’s so much in life to be grateful for, even on mundane days. Sipping coffee on a patio instead of going through the drive-thru… Walking in the park after lunch… Catching up with a longtime friend. Try to grab more moments this holiday season and beyond doing things you enjoy, however small. These moments add up to a lifetime of happiness.
So, what are you grateful for? Share your list, long or short, in the comments below.
Let’s chat (about gratitude, your marketing needs or whatever else is on my mind):
Posted in Personal Reflection
- Tagged 50 Things I'm Grateful For, accomplishment, accomplishments, art, CCC, CCC turns 7, Clearly Conveyed Communications, client appreciation, coffee, conversation, family, female empowerment, festivals, giving back, grateful, gratitude, hiking, Holiday traditions, holidays, marketing campaign, meditation, Mother Nature, music, National Gratitude Month, nature, pay it forward, reading, Shop Small, small business, small business community, surprise and delight marketing, Thanksgiving, trail running, walking meditation, writing
The tradition continues. Each year since 2012 (the year I started CCC), I’ve published a list of 50 things I’m grateful for. This isn’t a 5-minute exercise. I create the list over the course of weeks or even months. Oftentimes, I’ll jot down an activity I’m doing or a memory triggered by a conversation or passage in a book. What are you grateful for?
My business, Clearly Conveyed Communications, turned 6 in May. That’s something to be grateful for!
50 Things I’m Grateful For, Summer 2018 Edition
- Coffee shop patios on overcast, stressful days
- My smartphone — and the mobility it provides
- Rare moments that I can put my phone away
- Ocean waves crashing
- Playing with my nephew
- Meeting fellow KSU alumni
- Handwritten cards, letters and notes
- Instagram Stories
- My niece, who’s growing into another strong Shine woman
- Stephen King
- Lifelong friends
- Fireworks on a summer night
- Listening to the orchestra
- Firetrucks in parades
- Brands who own their voice
- 80’s movies
- Classic rock
- Finishing a workout and feeling strong
- Linda by Chuck Close
- Rollerskating (and Roller Derby)
- Capturing a moment — in picture or prose
- Creating content
- Solving problems
- Reliable technology
- The power of putting pen to paper
- Traveling for pleasure
- Experiencing different cultures
- Taking a journey in a book
- Donating plasma to those who need it
- Exploring trails
I love water views — while working, relaxing or contemplating life.
- Water views
- CCC’s 6th anniversary
- Small victories
- Eating tacos on a patio on a beautiful, summer day
- Sipping a latte
- Long weekends
- Touchscreen devices
- Solving WONDERWORD, crossword and other word puzzles
- Different viewpoints
- Aha moments
- Pocket, Evernote and other productivity apps
- Mesmerizing stories and storytellers
- Editing and revising a rough draft into sharp content with a clear message
- Vegetarian enfrijoladas
- Outdoor concerts and movies
- A night at the ballpark
- Food carts and street food
- Reaping the fruits (and vegetables) of a garden
- Strong women
That’s my list for the summer of 2018. Take a moment to think about what you’re grateful for in your life right now. Share your list, however long or short, in the comments or leave a link to your own post. Writing down what you’re grateful for is a powerful exercise to remember to count the blessings in your life.
So, what are you grateful for?
Counting my blessings,
Posted in Personal Reflection
- Tagged 50 Things I'm Grateful For, accomplishment, accomplishments, achievement, CCC, Clearly Conveyed Communications, coffee, content, content creation, espresso, family, giving back, grateful, gratitude, idea generation, ideas, live music, marketing, Mother Nature, movies, music, nature, pay it forward, plasma donor, problem solver, reading, small biz, small business, small business owner, smartphone, technology, travel, writing
When I started my business in 2012, I knew that gratitude and helping others would play a large part. Each year, I write down 50 things I’m grateful for as a reminder to not take any blessings for granted, large or small. Show your gratitude by sharing your list (of any size) in the comments or linking to your own blog post.
Preparing garden beds for future vegetables during my alumni association’s National Day of Service in 2015. Do I have a future as a back model?
50 Things I’m Grateful For, Fall 2017 Edition
- Golden retrievers and four-legged furry friends of all kinds
- Espresso blend dark roast coffee
- Quiet (a lack of noise and the book)
- Soothing sounds of nature
- A good laugh
- Firefighters, EMS professionals, police officers and first responders
- The feeling of crossing the finish line
- Reading the paper while sipping a latte
- Our wounded veterans and those who never make it home
- Cracking open a peanut at the ballgame
- Firetrucks in a parade
- Fourth of July
- Sending a card to celebrate, console, thank or say hello
- Lunch with friends
- Getting lost in a good book
- A Swenson’s Salad Boy burger
- My family’s health and happiness
- Live music on a summer night, cold brew in hand
- Solving a crossword puzzle over coffee
- The small business journey
- A sunset over water
- A handwritten note
- The sun shining on my face during a trail run
- That sibling bond
CCC turned five in May!
- CCC’s 5th anniversary
- A day or night at the ballpark
- The feel of a felt tip pen on paper
- Lunch on a patio under blue, clear skies
- Waving to the train conductor on a run through the Summit Metro Parks
- Enjoying the beauty of nature in the middle of the city
- Bright ideas and brainstorming sessions
- The ability to unplug (occasionally)
- Good advice
- My night owl nature
- A beautiful fall day
- Helping clients achieve success
- Small wins
- Contributing to something bigger than myself
- Accomplishing something I’ve worked hard for
- A conversation with a longtime friend
- Hitting the trails
- Exploring Main Street in Park City, Utah
- Talking shop with fellow marketing professionals & small business owners
- A place to call home
- The ability to donate platelets to help others
- When social media is used for good
- Writing, writing, writing (and reading)
- Strong women, in fiction and real life
There’s so much in life to be grateful for. What’s on your list?
Let’s chat (about gratitude, hopes and dreams, your marketing needs or otherwise):
Posted in Personal Reflection
- Tagged 50 Things I'm Grateful For, accomplishment, accomplishments, achievement, brainstorming, brilliant ideas, CCC, clients, coffee, dogs, espresso, family, giving back, grateful, gratitude, home, idea generation, ideas, marketing, Mother Nature, nature, pay it forward, reading, small biz, small business, small business owner, Swensons, writing
I’m sitting here polishing my toenails while making updates to my website and a squirrel just ran across my windowsill, stopping to peer in. (Don’t feed the humans!) I realized that I was smiling despite the damage that the little critters can cause.
What makes you smile?
Sometimes a midst the frustration and minor annoyances of day to day life, it helps to take a step back and remember what makes you smile. Then seek out those things, however small, so you smile more and more. It’s amazing what it does for your mood!
Here are some things that make me smile!
Showing off my Starbucks #sipface while enjoying some espresso on a beautiful day.
I ❤ trail running (and a little mud)!
In my 3rd half-marathon, I hit my goal (with the help of my blue toenail polish)!
Soaking in the rays on Hilton Head Island…
Just another day in the life…
Now it’s your turn –> what makes you smile?
Drop your list in the comments below or share your blog post link. I’m looking forward to your responses. Enjoy the weekend, and remember to smile!
Join the conversation:
In honor of LinkedIn’s 10 year anniversary, Slideshare is asking you to look back at the past decade of your life. Where have you gone? What have you done? How far have you come?
Well, here’s mine… enjoy!
Let me know what you think! What has happened in your life over the past 10 years? Where do you hope to be in the next 10 years? Drop a comment below or reach out on a social network. If it sounds like fun, tell your story (or check out other journeys) at slideshare.net/in10years.
A toast to the next 10 years…
Join the conversation: